- This page describes what information we collect from visitors to our website, what we might do with it, and who is able to have access to it.
- This statement also describes what information about our church (such as our members and their activities) is shared with all visitors, and which information is accessible only with permission.
1. Visitors to our website:
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you navigate our site or fill out a form.
When you navigate the website, code from “Google Analytics” is collecting information about your page views, so that we can see which posts and pages are the most popular, where you come from, and what you click on when you leave. Personally identifiable information is not collected.
When filling out a form, you will be asked to enter your name and e-mail address so that we can respond. This personal information is not shared with anyone outside our congregation without your knowledge.
What do we do with your information?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website (we improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To send reply emails (the email address you provide will be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.) We will NOT subscribe you to a newsletter or anything of the sort automatically. If you ask for information, you’ll get it, and we won’t use your information for anything more.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Only if we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
This policy was last modified on July 4, 2019
2. Church information:
The privacy of personal information is very important. For some types of information, it is difficult to establishing which information is supposed to be “non-public”! Below you will find a list of information that may appear on the website, whether or not it is considered private or public, and a short explanation.
|Type of information
||Private or public?
|Members’ information (see Note 1)
||Unless it’s because they’re a contact person (for an event, committee, etc.), it’s not necessary.
|Photos – without identifying information
||If you can’t put a name to the face, there’s no problem.
|Photos – with identifying information
||If we’re going to post a picture with someone’s name attached, we’ll get their permission first.
||We’ll post email addresses associated with events (ie RSVP-ing). We will not post email addresses unnecessarily (i.e. the entire church email list).
||Everyone is invited to join us in our regular weekly services. Similarly, anyone is welcome to listen to the service as it is broadcast live. Prayers are muted, during the service and afterwards, as they may contain private information.
||Full services are available on the Living Word CanRC YouTube channel. Prayers are muted, during the service and afterwards, as they may contain private information. If you have any specific privacy concerns about one of the services, please contact us using the form on the Contact Us page.
||Freely available on YouTube and on this website
Note 1: this includes (but is not necessarily limited to) names of members, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses.